Things are pretty hectic in the world right now and nobody really knows when exactly it will go back to complete normalcy, well the “new normal” I should say. We’re all safe at home (hopefully) and have a little more time now, right? Many people are using this time to catch up on their favourite TV show, spring cleaning their homes, developing a new skill, baking and the list goes on and on.
I for one think that this is the perfect opportunity to spend some time to really get to know yourself and dive deeper into what it is that makes you tick. So I’ve decided to compile something creative and challenging for you and me: A 30-Day Journal Challenge all about Self-Discovery!
Let me first tell you WHY journaling is such a great ritual to add to your daily routine –
- helps to keep your thoughts organised and in one place
- relieves stress and anxiety
- allows you to self-reflect
- improves mindfulness and being present
- boosts creativity
- improves writing skills
- a place to store new ideas, goals and aspirations
- helps in regulating emotional and mental health and strengthens it
- keeps your memory sharp
- declutters and clears your mind
- helps you to really get to know yourself better
The benefits of simply writing on a piece of paper is endless and I can confirm that when my thoughts are all over the place, writing it down has helped me to get my head back in the game.
Now I know when you hear the word “journaling” you picture a teenage girl laying on her bed with a pink sparkly pen and writing “Dear Diary…”, but journaling is way deeper than writing about how your crush sat next to you in the cafeteria.
It is a form of self-expression that can lift and empower you to understand your complex feelings and it also just depends on the reason you journal; are you doing it to clear your tangled thoughts or are you using it for your goals?
Whatever the reason, you will for sure reap the benefits thereof and I am inviting y’all to take part in this 30-Day Journal Challenge with me! It is going to be fun, adventurous, spontaneous and you won’t regret it. This is an opportunity to expand your mind, love harder, be kinder, self-reflect, practice gratitude, learn your passions, heal, meditate, slow down, recharge and just DISCOVER.
Not sure how to journal? There isn’t a right way of doing it, once again it is part of the whole self-discovery theme, but here are a few tips to help you get started –
- get yourself a pretty notebook and your favourite pen
- make a hot cup of coffee or get your wine
- get a snack (very important)
- find a calm, tranquil place to write
- you can write at any time of the day
- set a reminder on your phone
- you don’t have to write a whole book – it shouldn’t take you more than 15 minutes a day
- personalize it and get creative – draw pictures or bring in some colour
- just write – let your thoughts flow and go
Here is the full list of the topics that we’ll be writing about for the next 30 days:
Eeeepp I am so excited!
Thank you guys for reading and joining in on the challenge – here’s to bettering and discovering yourself!